Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sprouting!



Today is one of the proudest days of my life, OK so not my life but I am pretty pleased that my corn has sprouted. It seems like all the kernels have sprouted they're about an inch a half tall. This is day 14. Also sprouting are items in the greenhouse, most things have sprouted and I already had to transplant some squash plants. Pretty soon most of the other sprouts will have to be transplanted as well, It's so nice to water something more than dirt. Also in a fit of craziness I have planted 100 pumpkin plants. I'm hoping to be that house on the front of the August issue of some home magazine. We'll see how that goes. I am also being given some plants by a friend who sprouted them but doesn't have room to plant them. On a side note we'll be getting some chicken and ducks the end of this month. Chickens help weed the garden and control bugs looking forward to the extra help.

No comments:

Post a Comment